I have been doing some reading recently on JSF and I have a few comments and questions.

At first I thought JSF would focus mostly on the "V" in MVC.  But after doing some
reading on this, it seems like JSF really provides the "M" and "C" as well.  Is this
accurate?

It seems possible to combine the view of JSF with the Struts controller (and
apparently this is what the integration package is about.)  Most of the discussion
about combining the two revolves around migration from existing Struts projects to
JSF.  Other than migration purposes, what is the point in using both?

I like Tiles and plan to continue to use it, but I consider Tiles to be only a small
part of Struts.  Most of the familiar Struts entities seem to be covered by JSF and I
am not sure why it would make sense to keep using Struts if there are features in JSF
that are appealing to you.  Of course you could use Struts for validation but is it
really worth dealing with two frameworks just because you like Struts validation
better than JSF validation?

My point in asking these questions is that I am trying decide the direction our
current Struts applications should take.  I am very happy with Struts but worry that
over the long run, the focus will be on JSF and our applications will miss out on some
of the developments there.

Finally, is the ComposableRequestProcessor in struts-chain going to deal with JSF
eventually?  Will this make it even easier to combine the two?

TIA for you comments and suggestions,

sean