While its true that most search engines deal with this sort of thing, i think its also still true that you get more pages indexed if you avoid request parameters..

I was trying to get mod_rewrite playing ball the other day with some success.

I'd try a filter (i'm going to when i get a chance..

/webapp/action.do/paramname/paramvalue

will be understood as

/webapp/action.do?parametername=paramvalue

I still need to get around to doing this but I'll post something more practical when I've actually done something..

hopefully forwarding the adjusted url to the action servlet will work..

Give me an hour i'll get back to you if i have any joy..

Mark