Frank,

Will this help?  http://www.reumann.net/struts/nested.do

You didn't say anything about JSTL.  Just today I'm working on populating a
checkbox field in an object that's contained in a list.  Oops.  I just
remembered I'm using html-el too.  I haven't tried it with with plain html.
This is getting it done tho'.

c:forEach items="${workQueueForm.workQueueList}" var="workQueue" varStatus=
"status">

               tr >
                  td class="Data_AlignMiddle">
                        html-el:checkbox property=
"workQueueList[${status.index}].checked" />

                  /td>

btw - how do you guys get code in your email w/o it messing up the
archives?

             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             om
             09/30/2004 01:54          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: How to handle multiploe unknown
               "Struts Users           form fields
               Mailing List"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                  he.org>

I understand the JSP side of this eqation as you wrote it, although I
should have said I was looking for a solution that doesn't use Struts
taglibs because I try to avoid them at all costs, but that aside...

I'm still unclear however on what the ActionForm does... Using this
concept, do I HAVE to use the LazyActionForm you wrote?  I'd prefer to only
use things that are built-in to Struts, and unless I'm missing it in the
docs, that's not.

The question I'm getting at is that, like I said, the JSP code you wrote
makes sense, but what will put the submitted parameters into the collection
in the ActionForm when the submission happens?  That's the part I don't
see.  Thanks for your help!

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect