I use the validation.xml to validate the properties in
my form bean.  The validation works; but, the error
messages do not work as I expected.

While I have customized error messages prepared, the
error message displayed in the browser window for my
intentional violation are like:
. null is required
. null is required

I also wonder how to show error messages if there are
more than one validation check for a certain property.
 For example, depends="required,mask".

For example, in my validation.xml, I have:
[CODE]
      <form name="editTitleForm">
         <field
            property="document"
            depends="required">
               <msg key="request.page"/>
         </field>
         <field
            property="title"
            depends="required">
               <msg key="insert.title"/>
         </field>
      </form>
[/CODE]

In my web.xml, I have:
[CODE]
  <init-param>
    <param-name>application</param-name>
    <param-value>resources.application</param-value>
  </init-param>
[/CODE]

and the application.properties file is in the
C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27\webapps\AppName\WEB-INF\classes\resources
directory.

In the application.properties, I have:

[CODE]
request.page=The requested page is not provided.
insert.tile=The title of the requested page must not
be left blank.
[/CODE]