Hi, Gabriel,

In order to cover multiple images on submits, LookupDispatchAction does the following in order:

1 Find the mapping attirbute parameter in order to find the value of the visual representation, e.g. "Delete It". This requires, of course that this be the value of the name attribute, e.g., typically "method".

2. Creates a reverse map of all the keys in the application resource property file for the user's locale. Imagine that! This is then used to get the key in the property files for the value, e.g., "button.delete", for "Delete It". Honest! More to do, however:

3. We then use the value of this key to determine from a map we have hard coded into our Action class what the method is, e.g., "button.delete" is the key for "delete".

 4.  Calls the method, e.g. "delete" by reflection.

This requires that you coordinate the page, the struts-config.xml, the property file, a Map in your Action class and your methods in your Action class. You sure you want to do all that as well as incur the need to have a reverse map to your properties file? Check out

        http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsCatalogVariousButtonSolutions

for a link to four simpler and lighter options.

Michael McGrady