It could, although there is no need for it to be an ActionForm - could just
be a LazyDynaBean. Having said that, you would probably want to override the
default "indexed" type to be a LazyDynaBean array rather than ArrayList as
LazyDynaBean doesn't populate Lists, but it does Arrays.

public class CustomLazyBean extends LazyDynaBean {

    public CustomLazyBean() {
         super();
    }

   protected Object defaultIndexedProperty(String name) {
        return new CustomLazyBean[0];

 <form-bean name="skillForm"
     type="org.apache.struts.validator.LazyValidatorForm>
         <form-property name="skills"
             type="myPackage.CustomLazyBean[]"/>
 </form-bean>

Niall