One question I always meant to ask about the struts transaction token: why is it configured so that users who open multiple windows get prevented from submitting all but the last opened?

I modified my action classes to overload the token technique with a method that stores any submitted tokens in a session-scope hashmap. Any submits fail if the token is found in the hashmap already. Would the session-scope hashmap be considered too much overhead for a framework to impose?

Adam

On 10/04/2004 06:40 PM James Mitchell wrote:
I think this must be a problem which occurs in many projects?

Yes, you are correct.  That's why we have the token mechanism.

-- James Mitchell Software Engineer / Open Source Evangelist EdgeTech, Inc. 678.910.8017 AIM: jmitchtx

----- Original Message -----
From: "andy wix" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: back button

Hi,

As usual I think I must be missing something fundamental!
It would be pretty serious to leave the back functionality - someone could
delete a contact, then press back and see the name again.  If they
subsequently do another delete, there's trouble!

I'm thinking this problem is not simply due to the caching - if I loaded

the

page from the db each time the browser would still have its own copy of
what-was-once there.  I think this must be a problem which occurs in many
projects?

Regards,