I am creating check boxes in a JSP. I am showing the
HTML code to make it simple to illustrate my question.

code:

<H2>Check As Many As You Wish</H2>
 <INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="emailAddress"
VALUE="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">John Doe</INPUT>
 <INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="emailAddress"
VALUE="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">Jane Doe</INPUT>
 // followed by tens of thousands of <INPUT
TYPE="checkbox" NAME="emailAddress" .......> tags

I have to get all the "e-mail addresses" of those who
are selected (if a client puts a check mark in the
check box). Therefore, I cannot predict ahead of time
how many e-mail addresses will be read by my web
application (servlet) after the form is submitted.

Yes, I am going to have String(s) - e-mail
address(es).

String [] emailBoxes =
request.getParameterValues("emailAddress");

My questions is:

Because I may have tens of thousands of String(s) and
the actual numbers of those String(s) cannot be
predicted (we do not know how many will be selected by
a certain client), should I still use an "Array"? What
is proper to use in my case; ArrayList or something
else?  Is this Java statement still a proper one?

String [] emailBoxes =
getParameterValues("emailAddress");