On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:38:36 -0500, Jason King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is a javascript problem.  The DOM-compliant way to change the
> selected option for a <select> element is:
> <selectObjectName>.selectedIndex = <newIndex> for your example that
> would be:
>
> opener.document.formBean.selectElementName.selectedIndex = <newValue>;

No, I don't think so.  For my example I think it would be something more like:

opener.document.formBean.moderator.select_ndx = <newValue>

The problem appears to be the dotted notation that Struts uses to name
the select element.  If Struts generated

<select name="moderator_selected_ndx">

instead of

<select name="moderator.selected_ndx">

I feel confident it would work like you said.  But that dot in the
name apparently makes JavaScript view the field as being the
'selected_ndx' attribute of the 'moderator' object which, of course,
doesn't exist.