Obviously, it's still too early for me.  A HashMap is what I meant to say.

Dennis

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

10/07/2004 08:15 AM

Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
Subject
Re: checking for an object in a collection

I may not fully understand what you're trying to do, but why not use a HashSet instead?  Let the table name be the key to the rule.

This may or may not be helpful:  http://www.javapractices.com/Topic65.cjp.

Dennis

"Muhammad Momin Rashid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: news <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

10/07/2004 08:09 AM

Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc
Subject
checking for an object in a collection

Hello All,

I have a scenario in which I need to display (or not display) differnt parts
of a jsp page depending on rules defined in a collection in scope.

I was wondering what is the best way to accomplish this?  All the rules
defined in a collection, and the decision is made on the basis of if a rule
is present in the collection or not.  The following approach seems messy to
me, so i was wondering if anyone can enlighten me with a better way to
accomplish this

iterate through collection
  if rule x is present
      display x table
  end if
end iterate

iterate through collection
  if rule y is present
      display y table
  end if
end iterate

A sample code snippit would be highly apprecated,  Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Muhammad Momin Rashid.