Yes, the html:hidden is within an html:form. Also when I do a view
source on the page, I can see the values of the hidden variables
correctly.
but when I trace them to action class, they are null, all of them.

another thing. this is what my html:form tag in my first jsp page says.

but in the same page I have this <TR class="command"
                  onclick='window.location="./empDetailPrepare.do"'
   > ,
which goes to a different action. I dont know enough about Struts to
know if this is a problem. There is a similar logic in another set of
pages where , both are the same. I meant both actions are the same and
that works.