I was using action forms also

I was changing file.encoding in System properties

The problem is in the request, i am sure,

what OS are you using?

 WIN32(use CpXXXX(i don't remember exactly whait is) in file.encoding
and it work ok) or UNIX(using ISO_8859_1 and UTF-8 work ok also)

If you can't resolve this with these hints post here and i take more
time for you

Luis Gervaso

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:46:31 +0200, Arnaud Vandyck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:39:11 +0200,
> Václavík Radek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Try setting request character encoding to UTF-8. I've had the same problem
> > and solved it by extending ActionServlet to e.g. MyActionServlet (of course
> > you have to rewrite this in struts-config.xlm, too) and inserted this as the
> > first line of that servlet:
> >
> > request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
>
> It did not work for me :(
>
> I forgot to say I'm using ActionForms.
>
> Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:25:01 +0200,
> Luis Gervaso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I had the same problem, and I get to correct this using a filter
> >
> > I was testing with  request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
> >
> > also but :(
> >
> > And with the filter all works ok now
>
> I'll try this one, thanks.
>

> --
> Arnaud Vandyck
> http://fosdem.org/
> Free and Open Source Developers' European Meeting
> February 26-27 2005,
> Bruxelles, Belgium

Un saludo