At 7:24 AM -0700 10/25/04, struts lover wrote:
Hello,
Thanks everyone for your interest and replies. Thanks
very much.
I had one more question. If I use getContentType() of
FormFile, does it give the same results on different
operating systems that is if the client is using
different operating systems.

Yes, the client determines by its own mechanisms what MIME type to send. For a specific example, MSIE insists on labeling all JPEG images as "image/pjpeg". This is annoying because we use a third-party application which explodes when it tries to process progressive JPEGs. We've had to institute a process which "resaves" all JPEGs explicitly as not-progressive. It would be nice if MSIE would tell the truth, so we could only use that process when we really need it, although I suppose given how badly the third-party app response to PJPEGs, it's probably safest that we do this anyway.

Does the change in server OS affects the
getContentType() result.

No, it shouldn't, because it simply accepts whatever is sent by the client.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "In fact, when I die, if I don't hear 'A Love Supreme,' I'll turn back; I'll know I'm in the wrong place."
- Carlos Santana