Hi Rick,
   This is the approach what i have taken..
  1) I had all forms set to Session Scope in the Struts config.
  2) Maintain an "actionStack" form variable in all the form, which
would keep track of all the required actions as CSV in FILO
order(Login,PlayerSearch,EditPlayer,..)
  3) Maintain an "action" Variable in each form where ever needed to
put the action into the stack.
    (we had a jsp tag written to put the "action" value to the
actionstack for each form submitted as request attribute & put this
actionStack in request scope for next form)
  4) when u need to go back to the previous action fetch it from the
actionStack and forward it to that action path(also remove that action
from the stack).

  This also helps u to even facilitate back button on the menu which
will be a very generic approach.

HTH
Dinesh

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:09:47 -0400, Rick Reumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Andrew Hill wrote the following on 10/25/2004 8:41 PM:
>

> > In your case you probably dont need to go as far as I did. You could
> > perhaps just keep track of the pages in the stack in a session scoped
> > collection and override the requestProcessor to look in that collection
> > for the form instead of instantiating it. If it finds a form in that
> > collection it can use that (storing it under the normal key in the
> > session (or even request actually. Hmm) where the other strust things
> > (like tags) will look. (You will note we need to go via an action rather
> > than hitting any JSPs directly here so that we make a trip through the
> > requestProcessor where our code will find the form and put it in the
> > appropriate place!)
>
> Yea, I thought about some kind of session manager but too close to
> crunch time to get the application out. I'll just make sure we have tons
> and tons of RAM if performance becomes a problem:)
>
> --
> Rick

Dinesh B Sampangi