Hi
Thanx
I was able to do this, my only concern is, is there a
way i can get the ArrayList stored in request instead
of session,
currently i am putting the arraylist in session like
this
session.setAttribute("itembean", arrayList);
and accessing it in jsp like this
property="MASTERITEM" labelProperty="ITEMDESCRIPTION"
/>
If i store it in request, and hit submit i loose the
arrayList

Ashish
--- Rosemary Philip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ashish,
>
> not sure if the following is what you are looking
> for. I am doing a
> simple modifying the lookup table.
>

> in my jsp
> <bean:define id="adminModifyFormData"
> name="<%=Constants.ADMIN_MODIFY_FORM%>"
> scope="session"
>                        type="com.web.forms.AdminModifyForm"/>
>
> <bean:define id="techAL"

name="<%=Constants.PAGE_ATTR_ADMIN_MODIFY_TECH_LIST%>"
> scope="request"/>
>
> <TABLE width="100%" >
> <TR>
> <TD align='right' class="dtllabel">Technique used
> Old Value</TD>
> <TD class="dtlcontent">
> property="techUsed">
> property="techCd"
> labelProperty="techDscr" />
> </TD>
> </TR>
>

> name="<%=Constants.ADMIN_MODIFY_FORM%>"  is the
> formbean that  has
> both the old value(drop down) and the new value(text
> box where user
> enters the modified value) like given below...
> public class AdminModifyForm extends ActionForm {
>       private String techUsed;
>       private String techUsedNew;

> labelProperty="techDscr" />    where techAL is an
> arraylist of already
> existing values in the lookup table. In the action
> class which
> prepares/initializes(sort-of) the jsp for display, I
> am obtaining that
> arraylist using DAO/helper classes.
> property="techCd"
> labelProperty="techDscr" where labelProperty is what
> the user sees on
> the page and property is what business logic uses as
> the key to that
> object(equiv to value="" in html)
>

> in my action class which prepares the jsp for
> display
> ArrayList list1= new ArrayList();
> list1

=helper.getAdminValuesTech(mapping,form,request,response,errors);
>               //set the option lists

session.setAttribute(Constants.PAGE_ATTR_ADMIN_MODIFY_TECH_LIST,list1);

request.setAttribute(Constants.PAGE_ATTR_ADMIN_MODIFY_TECH_LIST,list1);

> in my action class which uses the value from the
> selection in the
> combobox in jsp, i obtain them using getter methods
> of formbean

System.out.println("\ntechused"+adminModifyForm.getTechUsed());

System.out.println("\ntechusednew"+adminModifyForm.getTechUsedNew()