From: CRANFORD, CHRIS [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 2:40 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Blank Line Filter

I removed all the filter logic and left it as a simple call to the
chainFilter.doFilter().  On some pages it works fine.  On others I get this
servlet exception:

2004-10-26 14:44:10,965 DEBUG [InsertTag]: [ServletException
in:/pages/reports/viewreport-body.jsp]
javax.servlet.ServletException:
        at
l.java:533)
        at
org.apache.jsp.viewreport_0002dbody_jsp._jspService(viewreport_0002dbody_jsp
.java:617)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
04)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
java:684)

Any ideas?  If I remove the filter all together, the page renders just fine.
Only thing I can consider is the size of the page being rendered may be
causing an issue.  The same page with 153 records works.  Page with 233
records fail.

Chris