hi jack,
thanks, the solution is cool ! I am trying it.

a small problem i am experiencing now is that (i am
not sure if there is something wrong in my
configuration), the parameter on one page is passed on
to the next page, so when we getMethod, the earlier
method name is returned.

I have one 'Search Template' page, which gets the
search criteria and then pass the results to the
ListTemplate.jsp page after pressing the Search button
(it is associated with the 'search.dispatch'
parameter). The 'list parameter' page has a sortable
table (i am using DisplayTag):

<display:table name="templates"
               pagesize="10"
               id="templates"
               sort="list" export="true"
   requestURI="/Canal/admin/ListTemplate.do?
               sort.dispatch">

<display:setProperty name="basic.empty.showtable"
                     value="true"/>
   <display:column media="html">
     <input type=checkbox
            name="value(<bean:write name="templates"
            property="id"/>)" value="x"/>
   </display:column>
   <display:column title="Name" property="name"
            sortable="true"
           href="TemplateManager.do?prepare.dispatch"
           paramId="templateID" paramProperty="id"/>
   <display:column title="Category"
           property="category.name" sortable="true"
           href="TemplateManager.do?prepare.dispatch"
           paramId="templateID" paramProperty="id"/>
</display:table>

<bean:message key="button.remove"/>

the problem is that the additional
search.dispatch=Search is inserted into the requestURI
when I 'view source'. I have no idea.

I am not sure if it is the DisplayTag limitation
though ...

thanks
li xin