I think that the article meant "Struts powerful controller
ARCHITECTURE [emphasis added]", Howard.  There are Actions,
ActionForms, ActionMappings, ActionServlet, ActionMessages,
RequestProcessor, and other less significant classes..  All these are
integrated into a very useful and very powerful "controller
architecture" using struts-config.xml.  I am not going to say much
about JSF, because I am not qualified, but that uses a very different
"architecture" involving an event based idea, unlike Struts.  I would
strongly suggest that you take a look at the core Struts code in the
action package.  Essentially, you map certain (maybe all) requests to
Struts and the "controller architecture" takes over from there.  'Hope
this is helpful.

I am not sure that I would mix Struts and JSF myself.  I think I would
either go with one or the other.  I am not wedded to that thought,
however.

Michael

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:57:56 -0500, Abrams, Howard A
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

~Native Proverb~