Tak, just so you know, source is here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/trunk

(of course I am unhappy about JSF part )

.V

Tak Yoshida wrote:
Craig,

Thank you so much for useful information about Struts in the future.
I didn't know that Struts 2.0 will support Page oriented programming,
and am also surprised that Shale View Controller has simillar features that
OzStruts does.

What I want to have on OzStruts are
1:Page oriented programming without Action and ActoinForm maze.
2:Consistent pre-population sequence, even on the validation error page
transition.

I would like to understand "Shale" on these topics correctly.

1:Is action still required? intead of having event handler it in View object?
  It looks like listeners are in each ViewController class in example.
  I guess, I should study JSF first. please forget about this.

2:Will View Controller's prepare() be called even on validation error transition? because this is the most ugly part of current Struts.

3:How to pass transition context information from View object responded http resurst to View object being rendered?

As others asked, the release timing is very important for us.
Please let us know the sachedule of "Shale"?
, and where we can post the question related "Shale"? this mailing list?

And I am convinced that OzStruts is still useful add-on, until JSF get popular.
Regards,
Tak

Craig McClanahan wrote in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Tak,

You and others who like the page oriented development environment will
enjoy reading about "Shale" -- it's my proposed architecture for
Struts 2.0 (basically providing application controller features on top
of JavaServer Faces), and the ViewHandler API has many of the same
characteristics you are describing.

The proposal isn't packaged separately at the moment, but it's all in
the *source* nightly builds of Struts, available at:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/nightly/

In the distro, the directory "contrib/struts-shale" includes a
proposal document and the beginnings of the corresponding API classes
and implementations, while the "contrib/struts-shale-mailreader
contains the good old struts-example webapp converted to use this
style to make it easy to see what it does to the programming model.

Of course, we're not the only ones thinking this way, either --
ASP.Net has pretty much the same pattern with code behind files.

Craig