Jack,
one thing you missed off the diagram is the HTML reader. A public website often has to cater for:

- old browsers like Netscape 4
- text only browsers like lynx
- PDA browsers with no javascript etc
- spiders which ignore sessions
- screen readers for the blind

all of which make strong demands on the view and often require extra output from the model.

Adam