Hi,

I hope this is not gonna sound too stupid..

My problem is the inability to use ${expression..} in the JSP
pages I use with struts.

I have tried to look for information but failed to fix the
problem myself, unfortunately. I have followed instructions here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/GettingStarted.html

e.g. put jstl.jar and standard.jar in WEB-INF/lib of my webapp,
and actually I suppose this works since the following excerpt
from a JSP doesn't produce any compile error:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; prefix="c" %>

But the ${expression..} stuff keeps showing off "raw" instead of
interpreted as the expression I give.

I tried to look also in the struts-el page at:

http://struts.apache.org/faqs/struts-el.html

but didn't find any information on how to install it :/

So currently the following JSP excerpt:

-=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=--
<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" language="java" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/app.tld" prefix="app" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; prefix="c" %>
<jsp:useBean id="user"
          scope="session"
           type="org.gc.skirate.User"/>

<head>
    <title><bean:message key="main.title"/></title>
</head>

  <c:forEach var="i" begin="1" end="10" step="1">
    <c:out value="${i}" />
  </c:forEach>

  <app:loggedin>
    loggedin as user: ${user.login} <jsp:getProperty name="user"
property="login"/>
  </app:loggedin>
-=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=--

with the user "test" logged in, renders as:

-=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=---=-=--
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
loggedin as user: ${user.login} test

Any help would be appreciated. And sorry again if this is real
stupid..

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://zarb.org/~gc/