From: "Peng Tuck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: bean not found problem

> Nishant ,
>    Is there such a bean called employees exposed in any scope (since you
> didn't specify any scope) ?
> If so <logic:iterate> will fail. Can you tell us if it's a bean with a
> collection you want to retrieve or is employees
> just a plain old collection  ?
>
> Nishant wrote:
>
> >hi to all,
> >i am using tomcat apache server with struts .
> >problem is that my jsp page throwing me an errors that bean is not foound
> >my jsp code is ...
> > <logic:iterate id="employee" name="employees" type="com.cybage.DBDAO">
property="username" /></a>
> >            <bean:write name="employee" property="id" />

> >       property="username" />">Edit</a>
> >       property="username" />">Delete</a>
> >      </logic:iterate>
> >
> >where employees is my Arraylist name.....
> >while processing it will give an errors as ....
> >
> >11/19 10:28:03 error Unhandled exception thrown from /employeelist.jsp:41
> >[1]javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean employees in any
scope
> >        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:938)
> >        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.IterateTag.doStartTag(IterateTag.java:
> >277)
> >        at
jrun__employeelist2ejsp11._jspService(jrun__employeelist2ejsp11.java:
> >146)
> >        at
jrun.jsp.runtime.HttpJSPServlet.service(HttpJSPServlet.java:43)
> >        at jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:119)
> >        at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)
> >        at
jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
> >        at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:
> >249)
> >        at
jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:
> >527)
> >        at
jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:168)
> >        at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPoo
> >l.java:349)
> >        at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.j
> >ava:457)
> >        at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.
> >java:295)
> >        at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)
> >[0]jrun.jsp.runtime.UncaughtPageException: Unhandled exception thrown
from /empl
> >oyeelist.jsp:41
> >        at jrun.jsp.runtime.Utils.handleException(Utils.java:57)
> >        at
jrun.jsp.runtime.JRunPageContext.handlePageException(JRunPageContext.