I am wanting to see how Struts may help in my J2EE development. I have
purchased the O'Reilly book "Jakarta Struts" and want to get started with some
examples.

1) I am currently running Tomcat 4.1.31 as a standalone.
    Can struts be installed with Tomcat as standalone? I saw somewhere in the
install where it says to make sure you have Apache and Tomcat installed? Can
someone help clear this up?

2) Is there a hello Struts example somewhere? Just to test the install/setup
before I get under way?

3) The book does not start off simple either, so how can one get a handle on
this effectively? My background is Servlets/JSP/ Web development. Including
taglibs, ant, etc.

Thanks,
Scott