On Wednesday 24 November 2004 11:35, Matt Bathje wrote:
> I am pretty sure this error is related to invalid/outdated versions of
> validator and/or struts.

Doh!  I'm still pretty new to Tomcat.  I keep forgetting that applications
keep their own copies of everything.  Though the Debian
libcommons-validator-java package was updated this week, I have to still move
it to my application...

> Since you list an invalid validator version, I
> can't tell what you are using.

NMF   :-)  If folks could manage to keep their version numbers synchronized it
would help.  It's libcommons-validator-java 1.3-1 (OK, I misread it and typed
1.3.1, where the debian subversion shouldn't have been included, but I don't
know why it's given as 1.3 not 1.1.3).

> I would try first seeing if the problem exists with the version of
> validator that ships with the version of struts you are using. If that
> does work, then try upgrading to the latest version of validator (1.1.3
> or 1.1.4 alpha) and see if the problem persists.

Good enough.  I expect that when I get my struts and validator jars in sync
with the ones I've downloaded from Debian, the problem will go away -
certainly the validator jar in my application dates back to 2003-07, whatever
version it really is.
--
derek