We do this using the jakarta taglibs. There is a tag called mailer. When
wrapped around the email body in a jsp will send an email.

I see that the example (mailer.jsp) is assisted by the request tag.

<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/mailer-1.1";
prefix="mt" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/request-1.0";
prefix="req" %>

You'll have to check that out to see if you need it.

Donaghy