Hi Alex,
put a pair of getter/setter methods for dispatch into your form and then use a hidden field to pass the variable on.

The method you outline though seems overcomplicated, although it could be just that it seems so because it's not totally clear what the flow of control is meant to be. I would avoid chaining your action mappings together for this relatively simple set of operations.

For the create action for instance, your first action should do the set-up, and then the submit from the JSP should go to the processing part, i.e. you have 2 dispatch actions: create-setup and create-submit

Adam