Thanks, that worked.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Barrows [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 December 2004 17:12
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Pre-populating a form from a database

It's what we're here for :)

> I am using a DTO object to transfer the data from the data
> access object. I
> copy that data from the Dto to the form in the action class
> and it works
> when I resubmit the page (refresh) becuase the action is triggered.
>
> However, I can't get the action to trigger when I go to the
> form initially.
> I am a bit lost on this one even though I'm trying to understand these
> tutorials.

If you're going to the form from /context/path/page.jsp, then it's because
the action is only triggered when you go to /context/path/action.do.
If you're saying that you are going to /context/path/action.do and the data
is only showing up when you refresh.. thats a different problem, probably
related to your action class, which I would need to see.