I did this by subclassing the RequestProcessor and
modifying processValidate().

I place a value in the request which indicates the current url
and don't define an input attribute for the action mappings that
need this dynamic input functionality.

In processValidate() if mapping.getInput() == null, then I look
for my current url parameter and use that if it exists.

robert