Huw Richards <huw.richards 'at' oprig.com> writes:

> The one problem I had with i18n input was with European locales where "," is
> used as the decimal separator. The number would be formatted with "," as the
> decimal separator but as the input boxes are just text, the numeric keypad
> which produces "," in excel when "." is pressed just produces "." in the
> number box. I had to rely on an adapted javascript to mask the numbers on
> field entry & exit.

As a side note, if I'm not mistaken, there has been a Red Hat
Linux release with the numeric keypad key "." outputting always
"," when using the appropriate locale, but this made the users
quite frustrated because many of them are used to using this key
to really mean ".", not always "decimal separator" (the dot at
the end of a sentence, the dot in programming languages, etc).

--
Guillaume Cottenceau