From: "Wendy Smoak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> From: "aris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > > Use String (and occasionally Boolean) for form fields and things will
> work
> > > the way you need them to.
> >
> > I don't understand your answer... If I need an Integer field for my
> > ActionForm derived class why I've to use a String?
>
> What happens when somebody types "ABCDE" into your Integer field on the
> form, and it fails validation?  Can you re-display the incorrect user
input
> so they can see what they typed and why it was wrong?

Ok, so... I didn't understand your answer in the context of my question: I
had an hidden field with value="" and my question was "does ValidatorPlugin
set a default value on a field of type Integer after validation?".

By the way the answer to your second question is "no, I can't" ... but I
have an hidden field pre-populated from my Action so it's value is null or
it's an Integer....

Bye,
aris