Yeah, but there's a link in the navigation menu right on the main page
at http://struts.apache.org that points to that other unsearchable
archive.  To get to the link that you're talking about required at least
three page views.  I can't be the only person who would opt to take the
path of least resistance if I'm looking up a quick fact; I'd click on
the link on the main page every single time.

IMHO, that link should be changed.  It's worse than useless, since it
points to a site that appears to be the only official mailing list
archive, and that site has limited functionality.  Now, if you're an
occasional list user and you don't know about the other list archive,
you'd immediately fire off an email to the list not knowing that you're
duplicating some other message (and risking receiving STFW and RTFM/RTFL