Is it the opinion of others that "deprecated" is semantically equivalent
to "invalid"?

Dennis

"William Ferguson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
12/14/2004 07:51 AM
Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
Generating valid HTML from <html:form> tag

I noticed that the html generated form the <html:form> tag is not valid
HTML
according to the W3C validation service (http://validator.w3.org).
It generates a <form> tag with a 'name' attribute which has been
deprecated.

Since I'm striving to conform to relevant standards as best as possible, I
was wondering whether anyone else had faced the same issue and what
approach
had been taken.

If I don't use the <html:form> tag then I can't use other tags like

Does anyone else bother with HTML validation?
And if so, how do you handle Forms and Form elements?

William