Hi

Thanks for the responses.

> You don't need your locked flag, it's provided by java object monitors
> automatically.

I actually used the lock so if the updateXML is being executed the
next request won't even try and wait to aquire the lock for it and
simply return.

> Last question: if two users click the link simultaneously, what should
> happen? In your code, the second user overwrites the changes of the first
> user (silently).

I guess what I have done ignores the second click as the control
returns from the doExecute method before reaching the updateXml
method.

Regards,
Behrang S.