Hi,

   We heard that IBM is going to de-support struts portlet framework
from IBM Websphere Portal 5.1.

   Initially (way back 4.x) they said they are going to support all
the features of Struts and that is the road map for Portal
applications. But the framework was not complete, it doesn't perform
consistently with respect to Locales, requires HttpSession though the
user hasn't logged in (Anonymous). Not able to bookmark the pages
since it invokes actionPerformed method which requires a Portal
Session which is not required and results in Blank Pages.

   We are using basic portlets which works fine without any issues.
Now we had to remove struts dependency from our application.

   If you any of you faced the same issues and had rectified, please
send your inputs.

Regards,
Thiru