I have configured two modules in my web application using Struts 1.2.
Each has its own struts config as defined in the web application's
web.xml. Each has its own validation XML and resource bundles as defined
in their respective struts config files.

The problem I'm seeing is that if I violate a validation rule for the
root module (/), everything works as expected and I see the appropriate
error message on the page. However, if I violate a validation rule in
the sub module (/app2), the validation works fine except the error
message prints out without the value that should be filled in by the
arg0 element for that field. In other words, instead of 'List size is
required' I see 'is required', where 'List size' is the value for key
'list.size' that is defined in the resource bundle for module /app2 and
is referenced by the arg0 element for the list size field. I am
referencing the resource bundle for /app2 in the html:errors tag. In
addition, I have tried defining list.size in the root module's resource
bundle just to verify that the problem isn't that struts is looking
there for it, and that doesn't seem to be the problem because I still
see the same behavior. Has anyone seen anything like this or can anyone
give me some hints as to what might be going wrong here?

Thanks,
Leigh