Geez, can't say I even knew there was a JVM for AS/400 :) I think I'm going to hold off supporting that OS with what I'm doing, at least initially. Thanks for the info though, I'll add it to my list, for when the time comes.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Ashish Kulkarni wrote:
Hi
Do u care about AS400 system value, if so then
Key os.name Value OS/400

Ashish
--- "Frank W. Zammetti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was informed last OT post I made that the subject
should always include the word "beer". I added the "free" to get
your attention :)

I'm working on something for which I need to know
what the os.name property on various OS's is. I would greatly
appreciate it if some folks could try the following:

public class test {
System.out.println(System.getProperty("os.name"));

I'm particularly interested in various *nix
variants, Linux, Mac and such. Windows I already have answers for (although
some verification to be sure nothing fishy is going on wouldn't hurt).

If you could just post your OS and what the result
was, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies