I think, I have found the reason of the problem but still don't understand
it. If I use "getDropDownSelection()" instead of "getDropDownSelections()"
to get the Map back the setter method "setDropDownSelection(String key,
String[] v)" is not called.

Do I misunderstand something?

I use jdk-1.4.2-06 Win-Xp-sp2, Struts-1.1, tomcat-5.0.27.

        // This method musn't be called as "getDropDownSelection".
        public Map getDropDownSelections()
        {
                return dropDownSelection;
        }

        public String[] getDropDownSelection(String key)
        {
                return (String[])dropDownSelection.get(key);
        }

        public void setDropDownSelection(String key, String[] v)
        {
                log.debug("CALED ----------------");
                dropDownSelection.put(key, v);
        }