As Hubert pointed out: your form won't hold the state from your
first.jsp unless you store it in session scope, as the request created
on first.jsp submit will cease to exist after second.jsp is run.
But if you really don't wanna keep it in user's session, the only
workaround I see possible it's copying the properties from your
first.jsp in hidden inputs in your second.jsp, this way the values
will be introduced in the second request.