From: Richard Yee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2005 9:55 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: (newbie) Error when installed Struts 1.2

Sudheer,
Check your web.xml file. It appears that you are missing the servlet and
servlet-mapping entries
for the ActionServlet.

   <servlet>
     <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
     <init-param>
       <param-name>config</param-name>
     </init-param>
     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
   </servlet>
   <servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
     <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

Regards,

Richard

At 12:24 AM 1/2/2005, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>   My struts application shows the following two erros when I
>upgraded Struts 1.1 to 1.2. This was working fine under
>Struts 1.1. Also attached struts-config.xml and web.xml
>
>   Please help.
>
>   Thank you.
>
>Sudheer
>

>Error 1
>-------
>type : Status report
>
>message : Servlet action is not available
>
>description : The requested resource (Servlet action is not available) is
>not available.
>

>Error 2
>-------
>
>javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find message resources under key
>org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
>
>org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContext
Impl.java:825)

>org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextIm
pl.java:758)
>  org.apache.jsp.general.users.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:114)
>  org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
>  javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>
>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:
324)