There's no way to do it that is Struts-specific, uhh, unless I'm wrong :)

You have to think about what is happening on the browser when PlanAction.java
completes and fowards...

The response is returned to the browser, Offerings.jsp.  This page loads
content, Plan.jsp.  So, as far as the browser is concerned, anything that was
passed to the server as part of Offerings.jsp's response (and request by
extenion) is separate from the NEW request for Plan.jsp.  It's two different
requests as far as the browser (and server) is concerned, hence you won't find
anything that was in request scope during the first request it in request scope
for the second request.

There's a couple of ways you could handle this... One is that in Offerings.jsp,
where you specify the source Plan.jsp for the child frame, pass the attribute
along with it, something like this:

<frame name="planFrame"
src="/jsp/Plan.jsp?myParam=<%=request.getAttribute("myParam")%>">

Then, in Plan.jsp, you can now access myParam as you would any other parameter.

Another option is to use scripting to get at the variable.  In other words, in
Offerings.jsp, do this in a script block in your header:

<script>
  myParam = "<%=request.getAttribute("myPAram")%>";
</script>

Then, in Plan.jsp, you can do this to get that value:

<script>
  myParam = parent.myParam;
</script>

The first keeps everything in JSP code, the second is client-side.  Depends on
which you need or prefer.  I've done both for various reasons in various cases.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect