You don't need that at all. You can just in your jsp point to the tld in the jsp. (I normaly put them in WEB-INF/lib).
(or just have a header tile or include that declares all your jsps once)
hth,
.V

William Ferguson wrote:

OK,

I guess I've missed something fundamental, so someone please point out what
it is.

How do I declare the Struts (1.2.4) tag libs in web.xml so that :
1) Tomcat 5.0.28 can access them from Struts.jar at runtime
2) I can use the Ant Jasper task to compile my JSPs to validate them during
the build?

I have them defined as
<taglib>
 <taglib-uri>/tags/struts-html</taglib-uri>
 <taglib-location>/META-INF/tlds/struts-html.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

in web.xml as this seems to match the position in Struts.jar, but the Jasper
task complains with

D:\source\main\chopperheavysite\build.xml:178:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: file:D:/Source/main/chopperheavysite/b
uild/weblog/extra-header.jsp(1,1) File "/META-INF/tlds/struts-html.tld" not
found

even though I have added Struts.jar to its classpath.

Any ideas?

William

--
RiA-SoA w/JDNC <http://www.SandraSF.com> forums