Hello Group,
I'm reading an off the shelf book about DynaActionForms and I've got a question about best practice stuff. In this book it says that you need to create an Action to work with the info you got much the same as the ActionForm you typically use. In my previous work I've always just sent the request into my 'data' class to pull info from and send it into the database. Let me send some code snippets:
String action = request.getParameter("action");
AssetData.addAsset(request, session, getDataSource(request,"trustmaster"));

So if I'm sending the request and working with that, is there a need to parse the DynaActionForm using:

  DynaActionForm lookupForm = (DynaActionForm) form;
  String symbol = (String)lookupForm.get("symbol");

Specifically, I want to know if I'm validating the input in both cases, and inserting the entire request into the database (after I parse out each value) if I need to use the second example to work with DynaActionForms. I'm using multi-page forms, but I insert the values into the JSP page for each new page in the wizard. Thanks for any help, as I'm "fresh" with struts. Brandon Mercer