You might investigate these links:

Section 4.5 here:
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/building_controller.html

and the corresponding javadoc here:

http://struts.apache.org/api/org/apache/struts/action/ExceptionHandler.html

Since I really don't know off the top-of-my-head...

Good luck!

JC

                      "Daffin, Miles

                      (Company IT)"                To:       "Struts Users
Mailing List" <user@struts.apache.org>
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      tanley.com>                  Subject:  RE: Handling the
exceptions in struts

                      01/11/2005 10:36 AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users Mailing

                      List"

JC,

Thanks. This I know. But...

If I do this in struts-config:

<global-exceptions>
    <exception
        key="exception.general"
        type="java.lang.Exception"
        path="/error.jsp"/>
</global-exceptions>

Then error.jsp will be called when an Exception is thrown by an Action
method. In error.jsp I can print a general message. I would like to be
able to also print out stack trace info in the jsp. Does the mere fact
of designating error.jsp as my error hadling page mean that struts has
put the Exception somewhere, e.g. the request? If so under what key? Or
must I do all this myself:

<global-exceptions>
    <exception
        key="exception.general"
        type="java.lang.Exception"
        path="/error.do"
        handler="com.plok.blah.ExeptionHandler" />
</global-exceptions>

In ExeptionHandler I log the problem ad then put the formatted Exeption
stacktrace on the request, or something similar?

-Miles