Hi,

I am trying to use the mask validator as follows:

<msg key="A custom message." name="mask" resource="false"/>

I expect to see 'A custom message.' when the validation fails. I get no
message at all. If I add a message to my app.properties:

errors.some.problem=A custom message.

and then edit the validation declaration:

<msg key="errors.some.problem" name="mask" resource="false"/>

I get 'A custom message.' in the list of errors. NB: resource="false".
If I change this to true the result does not change. If I remove the
resource attribute I get the same result. It seems that the msg element
is ignoring the resource attribute and always treating the key attr
value as a key, hence no message when I put in the literal message.

Is this a bug?

-Miles

Miles Daffin
Morgan Stanley
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | London E14 4QA | UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 767 75119

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does
not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.