Actually I think it's ${current.count}

-----Original Message-----
From: Kishore Senji [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 12:37 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Unable to see <c:forEach> out put

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:52:32 +0530, Vamsee Kanakala
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Rick Reumann wrote:
>
> > It sounds like you are probably are now using a JSP2.0 container like
> > Tomcat5 and are refering to the wrong tld. Refer to the one in the jar
> > like:
> >
> > <%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"%>
> >
> > and remove and direct pointing to the tlds you have.
>
> Yes, I am using Tomcat 5.0.28. I then downloaded beanutils from the
> jakarta site, replaced the jstl.jar and standard.jar, and pointed to
> taglibs like you said above. I have strange problem - I am able to use
> <c:forEach> etc., but the "var" is not getting set. If I give something
> like this:
>
> <c:forEach begin="1" end="5" var="current">
>          <c:out value="${current}" />
> </c:forEach>
>
> I get something like this:
>
> ${current} ${current} ${current} ${current} ${current}

Well, If you use "var" attribute; <c:forEach/> tries to assign the
current element of the iteration over a collection to a variable with
that name. If you don't have any collection specified by the attribute
"items" then nothing is set to the "var" attribute; in other words a
variable with that name doesn't exist. If you wanted to see the loop
counter you could use

<c:forEach begin="1" end="5" varStatus="current">
          <c:out value="${current}" />
</c:forEach>