Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.deloof 'at' capgemini.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone explain me what's wrong in HTTP / servlet API about char
> encoding :
>
> I'm using <html:link> to build a link with parameters, whose values
> use french chars ('é', 'à' ...)
> I need to set useLocaleEncoding to get values in my servlet (that is
> not a struts action) using getParameterMap.
> If I do not set this attribute, I get values with strange strings that
> looks like UTF-8 sequences.

By default, GET parameters are decoded in ISO-8859-1, whatever
encoding was used in the page with the link and whatever the
content-type of the GET request is set to. You can use connector
parameters to change this behaviour.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/http.html

Warning, if you still use tomcat4.1.x: this behaviour changed in
tomcat5.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau