Sure it is a way to access those: just assign an unique id - maybe same as the name, but without the dots.

At 13:56 13.01.2005, you wrote:
Well, this is kinda off topic, but I thought that maybe some of you may ran into this problem.

I have a nested text field. It's name is : destiny[0].airShip.name
I need to use a javascript function to get this value. But document.forms[0].destiny[0].airShip.name will not work, which seems logical since those are not objects but a string generated by struts. Is there a way to access those properties?

thanks