From: julie gautier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 2:07 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Different validations for one form

Ok, but I have the same action class too... So how will it know that for one
jsp, it's a validation and for the other jsp it's the other validation to use...
My two jsp share the same form and the same action class...
Do you have an idea ?
Thanks for your help.

Seyhan Basmaci <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

you can use form based validation or action based validation in struts 1.2 ,

1) to use form based validation,
form classes must extend ValidatorActionForm or DynaValidatorActionForm classes.
(org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorActionForm,org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorActionForm)

2) to use action based validation ,
form classes must extend ValidatorForm or DynaValidatorForm classes.
(org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorForm,org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm)
in this case,
you must give action name instead of form name in your validation.xml file such
as,

formset>

you must use second way, take it easy..