David Bolsover wrote:

What is wrong with the Microsoft driver?

Well, I can actually give a whole lot of reasons. One, it's extremely slow. Two, you can retrieve objects from ResultSet only in a certain order. Three, sometimes it just conks out giving strange errors. If you check for them on the Microsoft website, frequently they say "nothing can be done about it, that's how it was implemented". Thankfully, jTDS saved the day for me. It's fast, stable and implements JDBC 3.

Vamsee.