Hi Hubert,

Thanks for the reply; very helpful & much appreciated (as is all your work ;-).

I've done a bit more gumshoeing; it seems to me the html:javascript tag's exception handling is a bit different than other Struts tags. I discovered that the reason that the html:javascript tag printed the commons-validator.jar's scripts to the target JSP was the result of another non-related tag error (read: pebkac ;-).

So, by commenting it out I was able to discover what the root problem was. Perhaps this can be shared on the wiki? I'd be happy to add it to the tribal knowledge there...

Thanks again for your help,

Curtis

Hubert Rabago wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean.  If you meant the
being surrounded by <script> tags, it happens to me whenever I forget
to specify the form I wanted validation for.